What Are Essential Oils?
Essential oils are compounds and elements that are extracted from plants. The oils take on and capture the plants scent that are extracted from the plant.
Unique aromatic compounds give each essential oil its characteristic essence.
Essential oils are then made through distillation via steam and/or water or mechanical methods, such as cold pressing.
Once the aromatic ingredients have been extracted, they are then combined with a carrier oil in order to create a product that’s ready for use.
The way the oils are made is important, as essential oils obtained through chemical processes are not considered true essential oils. Therefore be careful where you purchase your oils from.
Essential Oil Benefits
There are over 90 different essentials oils all have a different scent and and potential health benefits. The top 10 essential oils and their believed health benefits are:-
- Peppermint: used to boost energy and aids digestion
- Lavender: used to relieve stress
- Sandalwood: used to calm nerves and help with focus
- Bergamot: used to reduce stress and improve skin conditions like eczema
- Rose: used to improve mood and reduce anxiety
- Chamomile: used to improve mood and relaxation
- Ylang-Ylang: used to treat headaches, nausea and skin conditions
- Tea Tree: used to fight infections and boost immunity
- Jasmine: used to help with depression, childbirth, and libido
- Lemon: used to aid digestion, mood, headaches, and more
We have over 30 different oils and scents available to shop now.